Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is a nonprofit national Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) for young men and women in Family and Consumer Sciences education in public and private school through grade 12. Everyone is part of a family, and FCCLA is the only national Career and Technical Student Organization with the family as its central focus. Since 1945, FCCLA members have been making a difference in their families, careers, and communities by addressing important personal, work, and societal issues through Family and Consumer Sciences education.
Today over 200,000 members in nearly 5,500 chapters are active in a network of associations in 50 states, including the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. Chapter projects focus on a variety of youth concerns, including teen pregnancy, parenting, family relationships, substance abuse, peer pressure, environment, nutrition and fitness, teen violence, and career exploration. Involvement in FCCLA offers members the opportunity to expand their leadership potential and develop skills for life -- planning, goal setting, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal communication -- necessary in the home and workplace.
- During the 2012 - 2013 school year, Montana FCCLA had 69 chapters and 1,131 members.
- Montana FCCLA is divided into 10 districts. To see a district map along with each district president, please click here.
To see a list of current chapters divided by district, please click here.
The mission of the organization is to promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on multiple roles of family member, wage earner, and community leader, members develop skills for life through:
- character development
- creative and critical thinking
- interpersonal communication
- practical knowledge
- career preparation
- to provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life
- to strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society
- to encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
- to encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
- to promote greater understanding between youth and adults
- to provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities
- to prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today's society
- to promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations
We are the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America. We face the future with warm courage and high hope. For we have the clear consciousness of seeking old and precious values. For we are the builders of homes, Homes for America's future, Homes where living will be the expression of everything that is good and fair, Homes where truth and love and security and faith will be realities, not dreams. We are the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America. We face the future with warm courage and high hope.
|District I||Standing Rules (pdf)|
|District II||Constitution (pdf)|
For more information regarding the Montana Association of FCCLA,
please contact the Montana FCCLA State Leadership Team:
Nicole Wanago, State Director
PO Box 11409
Bozeman, MT 59719
Megan A. Vincent, State Adviser
Office of Public Instruction
PO Box 202501
Helena, MT 59620