- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Therapeutic process groups
- Psycho-education groups
- Second Step Anger Management Group
- Recreation Skills Group
- Assertiveness Training Group
- Communication Skills Group
- Problem Solving/Coping Skill Development
- Social Skills Training
- General case management
Current Topics Being Discussed
- Identifying Feelings
- Students learn to identify their feelings by role-playing, making books, drawing, playing feelings games, and through group exercises.
- Appropriate Coping Skills
- There is a continued emphasis on learning non-violent/non-abusive coping skills. Students learn to deal with anger through a variety of art therapy techniques. Examples include: playing with clay, journaling, and drawing.
- Developing Appropriate Behaviors in the School Setting
Each week students develop daily goals related to their behaviors in the school setting. Each time the students achieve a goal they receive an incentive. Students also are given the chance to earn incentives for the entire group.
Last Modified on December 4, 2013